To apply for a position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé and references.
California ProLife Council is seeking a dedicated Communications Specialist who has at least 1 year of communications experience, ideally in an “in-house” leadership role within a nonprofit entity, and covering areas such as website upkeep, drafting newsletters, database management, and donor communications. The ability to take existing content and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical. Preference will be given to the applicant with an ability to market and monetize this content. Due to the nature of our message, we highly encourage applicants who are, in fact, pro-life and understand the legal nature of the Right to Life. Please review our Policy Statements to ensure you are a good fit with our organization.
- Position: Independent contractor with non-profit entity
- Hours: Part-time
- Compensation: Depends on experience
- Assess, implement, and evaluate the organization’s existing communications plan for 2015 in collaboration with our team and constituents
- Lead the generation and marketing of online content that engages our activists and leads to measurable action and monetization. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic materials including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, press releases, direct mail pieces, and California ProLife’s website
- Coordinate regular email communication—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Put communications programs in place to create momentum and awareness of our organization as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Website Manager to ensure responsible website administration and coordination
- Track and monitor the level of engagement within the network over time
- Monitor all forms of office communication (phone systems, server, email accounts, etc.)
- Manage all social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and engage our base
- Some college or a Bachelor Degree in public policy, marketing, communications, or a related field
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as the unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
Please email your résumé and references to email@example.com with the subject “(Last Name) – Communications Specialist”.