The ProLife Youth Essay Contest serves as a conscientious tool for both teachers and students both Junior High and Senior High competitions. Just the simple act of researching and writing an essay on this important issue has proven to be an effective tool to educate and motivate students to recognize the deep significance of what is at stake in our culture.
Senior Essay Contest: Grades 10 – 12
Junior Essay Contest: Grades 7 – 9
First Place – $200
Second Place – $150
Third Place – $100
(Prizes awarded in each contest.)
Essays should address the following statement:
Why should everyone respect life?
Please follow these guidelines:
1. Essays should be submitted between December 21, 2014 and
January 23, 2015. Essays must be postmarked by January 23, 2015.
2. Essays may be submitted to:
Michelle Fischbach, 14722 Old Lake Road, Paynesville, MN 56362
Brian Johnston, 2306 J Street, Suite 200, Sacramento, CA 95816
3. Essays must be double spaced and pages numbered.
4. Essays shall be 300 – 500 words in length.
5. If typed, use no smaller than 12 Pt font.
6. Use a cover sheet that includes; full name, full mailing
address, phone number, grade level, student date of birth,
parent’s name and word count.
7. By submitting an entry the contestant and parent or guardian agree:
A. to allow National Right to Life to reprint the winning
B. that the essay is original, but not copyrighted.
8. Cite any sources used.
9. Please do not include artwork, pictures or plastic covers.
10. Please mail the essays, electronic submissions will only
be accepted under special circumstances.
Essays will be read and judged on originality, content, and accuracy. Each judge will rank essays #1 – #5. Essays ranked number 1, in a randomly selected group, will move to the second round. Essays may be grouped by region (West, Midwestern, Southern, and East) depending on the number of entries. The announcements will be made as soon as possible but judging time depends on the numbers of entries received.
2014 National Essay Contest Winners
Junior High Contest Winners
Rosalia Palumbo (Ohio)
Cara Gielskie (New York)
Mary-Catherine Siena Scarlett (Ohio)
Senior High Contest Winners
Hannah Denise Stafford (Kentucky)
Maria Connelly (Ohio)
Tatiana Emilia Federoff (Arizona)