As you may well be aware, there are hundreds of self-directed, self-determined, sectarian (or worse, ‘eccentric’) pro-life entities that are attempting to address the abortion issue. This confusion has often been to the advantage of our opponents and the derision of the pro-life cause to the public at-large.
Working as a team allows for a sense of unified purpose while maintaining autonomy
CPLC is the CA affiliate of the NRLC, the nationwide team dedicated to restoring legal protection for the innocent. NRLC is made of 50 state affiliates, and is a representative organization representing individuals, chapters, and affiliates across the nation
As an affiliate of CPLC and NRLC, we are committed to working in a non-sectarian, non-partisan effort to educate our communities, enact life-protecting and life honoring legislation, and help elect representatives on the local, state and national level who will work to protect the vulnerable through the law once again.
Chapter or affiliate? :
Chapters are a local part of the CPLC corporation with all privileges attached thereto. They report their accounts and activities to the corporation and file their appropriate tax/organizational papers via CPLC overarching umbrella. Officers of CPLC Chapters may become officers of the CPLC corporation, etc., and they are an integral part of the corporation.
Affiliates are local, organized groups (usually by county) with an existing structure (may be an unincorporated association or have pre-existing status in the eyes of the state). They file their own papers regarding their structure and accounts with all appropriate government entities. CPLC is NOT responsible for the local affiliate’s corporate structure.
Advantages of affiliation:
Though they have their corporate structure,
- Affiliates are now part of a nationwide team working in tandem in the community, state and national level to win the ideological and legal battle to protect the innocent.
- Affiliates have a voice in nominating their Regional Advisory Council
- Affiliates may reprint various of the CPLC literature with their own name and contact info. Have special discount on pro-life materials. (Available at CPLC cost)
- Affiliates have privileged access to CPLC corporate events, including conferences and training on unique subjects (e.g. sex-selective abortion, euthanasia, human cloning, etc.); Life Fest Film Festival, Hollywood, and regional events.
- Affiliates have access to the tools and resources of the National Right to Life federated team.
NRLC Headquarters in Washington D.C. is dedicated to work with its affiliates in each of the 50 States bringing a unifying vision and implementing policy that transcends any personal, sectarian or religious view of the issue, but instead focuses on our common goal of restoring legal protection to the law.
A group may file for affiliation IF:
The affiliate agrees to:
- Actively work with CPLC to educate, identify and organize pro-life individuals into an effective voice in their community;
- Work in tandem with CPLC on local events;
- Expand and affirm the reach of the pro-life message in their community in a non-sectarian manner (if the affiliate has a sectarian base, it may address that sectarian niche message under their own auspice, (e.g. Lutherans for Life may obviously address Lutheran doctrines) but NOT in the name of California ProLife or National Right to Life. The affiliate may not ‘speak for’ or use the name of California ProLife without explicit authority.
- Support the public policy positions (positions on legislative matters) of CPLC/NRLC
- Violation of any of these principles will subject the affiliate to disaffiliation by the Board of CPLC
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.